Burlington & Lowell
The town of Burlington was incorporated March 8th, 1832. The area was originally known as "Hurd's Ridge," named after the first non-native settler, Tristram Hurd who arrived in 1824. The population was 363 at the 2010 census. The neighboring town of Lowell was named for Lowell Hayden, the first white child born there. The population was 358 at the 2010 census.